Should you hire a professional to build your website, or do it yourself?
Your website is your digital front door. It’s your 24/7 salesperson, when you don’t have a physical, brick and mortar shop available. So it’s important that it represents your business in the best way it can.
When I would recommend a DIY website:
- When you have little or no budget to spend.
- When you have plenty of free time to play around with your website.
- When you are very confident and keen to learn technical skills.
- When you want to have 100% control over how the website looks and functions.
- When it only needs to be very basic; such as a short bio, a few photos, means to contact you.
When I would recommend a professional website:
- When you don’t have time to set it up yourself.
- When you don’t have time to fiddle around with getting it to look right.
- When there is a high chance the needs of your website might grow in the future.
- When your DIY website builder can’t achieve the look or function that you want.
Often the deciding factor is cost of money, but what you spend in money may turn out to be cost in your time you could be doing other things in your business!