Have you ever thought about what annoys you or your customers when visiting a website? If you’re thinking about what you should or shouldn’t have on your website, then here are some things to think about.
Business websites can be just as important as all your other business activities. Not sure about whether you need one? Here are four benefits to having a website:
In order to know that your website is getting people to stay and explore, you want to keep your bounce rate as low as possible.
What is Bounce Rate?
Bounce rate is a web design industry term meaning the percentage of people who exit your website after only visiting one page. Ideally you want this number to be as low as possible. A higher percentage means that most people are leaving your website once they get there.
Is getting a cheap web design a good idea if you want to save money?
In my time working in this industry, I have noticed a desire to get online at the lowest price possible. A cheap web design sounds like a good deal, because we all like the idea of being thrifty and…
- You might be a new business and/or have limited funds to spend.
- You may have been burnt in the past, and don’t want to risk wasting money.
- You love the thought of paying a lower price for something that would otherwise be expensive.
But choosing a cheap web designer is a bit like eating instant noodles for dinner every night. Yes, you need to eat. Yes, it fills you up, but it’s not very nutritious and healthy for you in the long term.
On the other hand, planned meals with fresh and nutritious ingredients will contribute to a healthier life in the long run. The same goes for your online marketing.
WordPress is one of the most popular website building tools around, not only because it’s free to use, but its page editor makes it very easy to write and publish content without having to know any computer languages such as HTML.
But things change rapidly in the information technology world, and new updates are released all the time.
There are three main reasons why you should keep WordPress and your plugins up to date:
- Security vulnerabilities hackers find in WordPress that put, your business reputation, your computer and/or others at risk.
- New and improved features to enhance your and your visitor’s experience.
- Plugins that need to be updated or deleted if they are no longer safe, as they can also be security risks.